This has been a good learning week for me. Yesterday I tried to fill up my day to the brim; here's what my schedule looked like: Run in the morning, meet with a friend for a walk mid-morning, go to Target to get various things, come home and do all the chores that didn't get done from Monday, figure out for 2 hours how to refill ink cartridges (in the process squirting black ink all up my arm and on to one of my best shirts), take a nap (didn't happen), catch up on emails, catch up on phone calls, oops- forgot to eat lunch!, out to dinner with friends. The final result was a crying, heaping, tired mess of a pregnant woman who had a stomach ache from eating a steak dinner on an empty stomach. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who was able to kindly walk me through my emotions and point me to the Cross. (I love you, buddy!) It's days like this that remind me that I need to rely completely and fully on the Lord for my every breath. I so rarely consult the Lord before mapping out my schedule for the day, and as a result I often try to fit more than He has planned for me. He has given me the perfect amount of time to get done what he has for me to do each day, no more, no less. That brings me much peace in the wake of a tumultous day. I am greatful for his arms of grace, my daily strength. May I not walk on blindly but learn from my errors- O that I would be quick to fall at the feet of my savior, ready and willing to do what HE has for me each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Prov 16:2,3 "All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the LORD weighs the spirit. Commit your work to the LORD,and your plans will be established."
Let that remind you that each morning you can commit your work to the Lord, and the plans that flow through the day will be established by him.
*hugs* to you! Aren't husbands such a wonderful means of helping Christ be formed in us????? I know mine is! Love you guys! & little peanut!
Hee hee, you crazy pregnant woman! ;)
And yes, thank God for husbands!
Hi Becca,
I am finally sitting down and realizing it's one of those exact days for me as well. It's the first day (Sat) I've ever slept in here in Tianjin, and the well-rested me is a different person than the half zombie.. the result- I have just turned my room upside down, decided to buy new shelves for the kitchen- bought them- then hired a little bike guy to wheel them home on the back of his bike and now am re-arranging everything and on my way to an antique market to find a new desk and shelves for my room. I'm sure you'll hear the scoop from your parents more about their trip to China, but I actually posted your mom's email about it on my blog being that I'm way behind on it and too tired to explain everything. Hope your pregnant self is feeling better soon! love you!
Post a Comment