This picture may seem a little weird to put on the blog, but this represents a milestone in my medical life! Today I went in to get the glucose test to screen for gestational diabetes. They give you a concentrated drink that tasted like a melted freezy-pop and then I had to wait for an hour until they drew blood. Why is this a milestone, you may ask. Because when I went to get my blood drawn, I did not 1. pass out, 2. cry, or 3. throw up. I have never gone without one of these three (or all of them) for the last many many years. AND that was with taking three vile-fulls of my blood, which is more than usual, I think. So perhaps I'm getting over my fear after all and turning over a new leaf!Monday, October 30, 2006
Turning Over a New Leaf
This picture may seem a little weird to put on the blog, but this represents a milestone in my medical life! Today I went in to get the glucose test to screen for gestational diabetes. They give you a concentrated drink that tasted like a melted freezy-pop and then I had to wait for an hour until they drew blood. Why is this a milestone, you may ask. Because when I went to get my blood drawn, I did not 1. pass out, 2. cry, or 3. throw up. I have never gone without one of these three (or all of them) for the last many many years. AND that was with taking three vile-fulls of my blood, which is more than usual, I think. So perhaps I'm getting over my fear after all and turning over a new leaf!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hooray for you Rebecca! That is a milestone worth celebrating.
As for the blood, I've had SO MUCH drawn in the last 3 months, I could care less how long they take, how uncomfortable it is, how much blood they take. And I don't care about being poked or prodded with long metal objects either.
Did you hear Jonathan gave me a shot Saturday night? An intramuscular one to be precise! He did great, but I don't think many husbands ever imagine or desire to give their wives shots!
good job reba! I always knew you had it in you!
meg
Yay!! One step closer to taking on that epidural needle! ;D
Post a Comment