Friday, October 19, 2007

Pastors and Wives Retreat

Yesterday we took off with the rest of the pastors and wives from Crossway and headed to Bryson City, NC to take a ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad. Nick's parents came for the weekend and were gracious to watch Kathryn on our two-day excursion (first time leaving her overnight!) She did great! Nick and I really enjoyed the time with the other couples, and we were refreshed by having some extended time as a couple ourselves. Here are some shots from the trip...




Some of the scenery from our open-air train car...

This is a lake- can you believe how low the water is? We heard that the drought in NC is the worst we've had in 80 years! Ironically, it rained during most of the train ride. :)




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great shots Reba. Looks like a fun trip. I especially like the artsy picture shot low on the train tracks. Oh yeah. . . and the sign in the distance that says "Stay OFF the tracks." LOL

JJandFive said...

Great pictures, Reba! You're on top of it! I haven't uploaded mine yet : ) We'll have to swap!

Robin said...

I just love Bryson City and that area. We have some really great friends that live just a few miles from there! I'm glad you all had a great time!

nickswan said...

Guy,

I am the one who took the cool traintrack picture. And, yes I noticed the sign after the fact and enjoyed the irony.

Nick

Unknown said...

Wow...those shots are literally breathtaking! Great job! I esp love the one of you and Nick smooching by the tracks....that deserves a frame and a coffee table for sure!