Okay, this feels slightly like a chain letter- being "tagged" and all in the blogosphere. (thanks, Juli!) And because I am home from vacation, I won't feel bad about posting three entries in one day. So, Juli tagged me to list my 8 favorite Childrens books. This is a combination of the ones I remember from growing up and the ones I read to Kathryn:
1. Goodnight Moon
2. Courderoy Bear books(can't spell it, sorry)
3. Goodnight Mr. Tom (novel)
4. Narnia books (read these a few times)
5. Madeline books (in high school, I was trying to memorize the lines of the first book- while I was supposed to be practicing viola- and the phone rang- I was guilty that I was not doing what I was supposed to be doing, so I jumped off the couch and accidentally stepped on my viola, putting a big crack in it. All for the sake of memorizing a stupid kids book! So with a story like that, I figured I better include it on the top 8).
6. Shel Silverstein poems
7. The Giving Tree
8. Cheaper by the Dozen (novel)
************************
And while I'm at it, there seems to be a trend to post ten things you may not know about me, so here goes:
1. I've been playing viola since I was 4 years old
2. In college, I sometimes didn't go to class on rainy days because I didn't want to get my feet wet on the walk to school. Something I still get teased about by my dear husband. :)
3. Nick and I fell in love over playing games of Scrabble
4. I really like old BBC mystery movies, especially Sherlock Holmes
5. I won an award in 6th grade for being the fastest rope climber in gym class gymnastics
6. I played the String Bass in middle school
7. My middle name was Cynthia before it changed it to Taylor (my maiden name)
8. I love gardening, but have a knack for killing plants
9. My first overnight stay in a hospital was when Kathryn was born
10. I grew up without a TV at home
So did I surprise any of you? I realize I write for a large and varied audience, but hopefully you learned something you didn't know about me 2 minutes ago. :) Happy blogging!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Rebecca,
I have to admit I've been lurking around your blog since I discovered it from a comment you left on Linnea's blog. I really enjoy it!
I just had to leave a comment because I was once supposed to be practicing viola and I was watching TV instead. The phone rang and I hopped up to answer it. When I came back, I sat on my bow, which I had stashed on the couch. Needless to say, the bow split in two. Oops!
Anway, it's been nice to see your darling daughter and wonderful husband on your blog.
Emily (Schroder) Coen
Emily!
So great to hear from you! Glad you're enjoying the blog. :) What are you up to these days?
Rebecca
Rebecca,
Thanks for the reply. Let's see...how can I fill you in... I've been married to my wonderful husband, Mark, for almost 5 years now. We live in Colorado Springs. I teach 1st grade at a charter school in Monument, Colorado. This is my 3rd year there. I taught 2 and a half years at a parochial school before that. We don't have any kids yet. My parents live in the Springs too, so it's nice to be close to them. That's about it! It's nice to catch up with you!
I DID NOT KNOW YOU WERE READING MADELINE WHeN YOU KNEELED ON THE VIOLA!
Love
Mom
Stepped on my viola, to be precise. And that's pretty good if I was able to post something that even my own Mom didn't know about me. :) Although I probably lied about it at the time...so that doesn't reflect very well on me, does it?
I don't remember the how--I just remember the event. I doubt you lied,; we probably did not even talk about how it happened. I mostly just remember how devastated you were! I don't think I was as upset as you were. Once when you all were very little, at a recital, the full size cello that was a pretty fine instument belonging to the best student in the studio fell over all by itself and crashed to smitherines. While everyone at the recital gasped in horror, the mother said carefully, "This is not a tragedy, it is an accident. This is not a child, no one is hurt, please do not let this ruin this lovely occasion," etc. The fact that we had 2 fragile instruments of one sort of another from the time you and Meg were 4, and that was the only bad thing that ever happened to either one, was pretty amazing!
Can't wait to see you
Love Mom
Post a Comment