Well, I've been trying to figure out what it looks like to accomplish things while Kathryn is awake...it's funny, I don't think I understood that challenge until recently. While not wanting her to get the sense that she owns and commands all of my attention all of the time, I'm wanting to make sure I'm not exasperating her by doing other things when she needs my attention. I would welcome any thoughts on this. In the meantime, I've been trying to have her come alongside of what I'm doing and "help." Of course it's taken longer to accomplish just about anything with my little "helper" in tow, but it's been fun, too.
Helping me make a cake...Yummy frosting!

"Mmm, I see some water down here, and I'm so thirsty. The logistics may be a little challenging, but I think I got some!" ("helping" me plant and water flowers)

My new blooms...I just love flowers!
2 comments:
Rebecca,
I just let Sean, Nick and Pat "help" also. I realize that they didn't do a job like I would have, but it was a learning experience for them. And when they were praised for the fine job that they did, it was well worth the smile on their faces of being given approval. This is a wonderful season in your life that you are in right now, always be thankful for the fingerprints, and the messes, because that means you have been given the blessing of children. Love, Marilyn
Bec,
I still think she looks like a little Nick, but more and more I am seeing you in the pictures you post! Especially that second frosting one - it somehow looks just like you.
Post a Comment