Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Baby Update

It's hard to believe that I'm 16 weeks along already! This pregnancy seems to be flying by, mostly because I'm pretty distracted throughout the day. I think by this point in my pregnancy with Kathryn, I had already read several books about it. One thing that I'm enjoying this time around that I didn't do with Kathryn is journaling letters to this baby. I'm glad that I'm doing that...because otherwise I might feel bad that I can forget that I'm pregnant some days! :)

I have been feeling great (sorry, all of you who battled months of sickness). Thankfully my nausea only lasted for the first trimester. No real stomach sickness, just that ongoing queasiness. So thankfully that is over, and my energy has returned.

I decided to switch practices to one with a midwife in their office. After Kathryn's birth, I thought it would have been nice to have a midwife, so I'm really excited about having one this time around. I'm hoping that this birth experience won't be quite as rushed as Kathryn's. 10 minutes to spare at the hospital really isn't enough time, and I think the whole process might have gone a little more smoothly had I been at the hospital sooner...ah well, hindsight is 20/20. I think having a midwife will give me more comfort in going to the hospital sooner this time around.

I am really excited about this baby! There are times when I think about all the hard things that went hand in hand with having a newborn, but those pale in comparison with thinking about how much fun babies are. I just love their tinyness. I am really enjoying the toddler stage with kathryn right now, but I'm looking forward to having another baby to snuggle. Of course there are days when I wrestle with anxiety: what if this baby is really hard? How will I learn a new routine with a toddler and a baby? How will I have the energy to play with my 2 year old when I haven't slept much? I have been trying to bring thoughts like these to the Lord, knowing that He will give me grace to joyfully walk through whatever He has for me. And I know that this is His perfect plan for my life and for our family, so I'm excited to see how the adventure unfolds!

4 comments:

Em said...

We want pictures.

3orange1blonde said...

I'll promise to pray for the anxiety if you promise to post a belly pic soon..thanks for the update tho...I'll give you 90% for that! heee!! (kidding of course, in case you can't read my silliness through the email)

3orange1blonde said...

WE WANT PICTURES...DO I NEED TO ITALICIZE IT??? EH-HEM. Oh man, I never was good at nicely hinting things..

Anonymous said...

I'm excited that you are using a midwife because I think you'll really like it! I assume you went with Marcia? Maybe we will see each other in the waiting room!