Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Visitor

I don't care how harmless these spiders are...this is not the type of visitor I welcome in my garden. This one seems set on making a home behind our house- I've wrecked the web twice, and I just saw he's at it again on my bean plants. And while I don't have a terrible fear of spiders, this thing is huge. Pretty as its colors are, No Thank You!

3 comments:

Marge said...

Oh, Rebecca, I think these spiders are so neat, and their webs (if you let them alone) are beautiful! People around here call them "writing spiders" because their webs look like there's writing on them - think Charlotte's Web. They always show up in late August, early September. I always look forward to their return. They're harmless.

Campbell said...

oh goodness!

Em said...

Um...ew! That is the type of spider I would have Mark take care of at home. At school, I would have a hard time pretending not to be afraid as I dealt with it in the classroom. Yikes!