Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Pickin'


Last weekend we went with Joe and Jeanie to get some pumpkins in celebration of Fall being upon us. This year there were actually pumpkins that were grown, unlike last year, when they scattered imported pumpkins on the field because of the drought. We ordered a pizza and headed off to Hodges Dairy Farm, a family owned business that's fun for the kids. Lots of animals, lots of pumpkins, a corn maze, and hay rides (although we missed the last one). I've been meaning to write about how much I love Fall, but time seems to be more scarce these days with trying to squeeze in naps when I can. This little outing reminded me of how much I like Fall. I have loved the cooler weather, pulling out jeans to wear, lighting my Mulled Cider candle, making apple butter and applesauce, putting up Fall decorations, drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes (mmmm...), sleeping under the covers all night, going for walks, planting mums and pansies in my garden, the list goes on. What HAS caught me off guard, though, is how much Christmas stuff is in stores already! And this is coming from the girl who usually pulls out my Christmas music October 1. I think I'm enjoying Fall a little too much to wish it away to Christmastime this year...

Snuggling with Daddy

"This looks like a comfy place to rest my weary legs..."

"Heavy" is the new word recently





Best Buds

No comments: