Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Beginnig to Look A Lot Like Christmas





I have really been enjoying this Christmas season, way more than the last few years. I think it's helped that Kathryn is old enough to start noticing the decorations up and grasp a basic excitement for the Christmas story. Every morning we read from our Advent book, which is Luke 2 broken up into 25 passages, each one a door flap to lift up. It is really perfect (thanks, Nancy, for foreseeing my appreciation of this book!) Then we "act" out the story with Kathryn's Little People Manger set. She gets really excited pointing out all the decorations around the house: "Angels," "Tee" (Christmas Tree) "Doll" (my caroler dolls), "Dada's" (Nick's Nativity Display), "Angel on top!" (points to the Angel on the top of the tree), "Tocking" (stockings). I just love it.

After being inspired from some ladies at church, I decided to try and get as much shopping done early this year, which has been a huge blessing. I remember this time last year feeling very frantic, which is why we booked a last minute flight instead of driving for Christmas. But this week's agenda is pretty calm, which is amazing for leaving on Monday. I'm thankful that I've been able to slow down this month, enjoy meditating on the story of our Lord's birth, as well as enjoying some quality time with Kathryn. What a difference it has made!

3 comments:

meghann said...

i would love to know the name and author of that book....maybe i can get it for jake christmas next year.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying the Christams season. Me too!

What's the title of the book? It sounds really neat. I've been reading the kids a board book every day that has a nice and simple story of the birth of Christ. And yet, yesterday when my dad asked Wesley where Jesus was born, he said, "uhhh...the north pole?" Hahahaha!

JJandFive said...

Great pics, Reba!