We're all getting pretty excited around here that Swan Baby #2 is only 3 weeks away from his/her due date! I think Nick and I are both feeling ready and excited to welcome this new little one into our family. I still have some light projects to fill my time with, but after getting the baby stuff down from the attic, I'm super excited to hold this little munchkin! I went to the hospital today to see Alicia Seaver (born yesterday), and I was newly struck by how much I love newborns. They are just so tiny and cute and snugly....I can't wait for my own! And Kathryn is getting excited, too. I think she really gets the concept and knows what's happening, even though I'm sure she's still in for a good bit of adjustment once Baby actually comes.
I had an ultrasound last week, in which they wanted to see the size...their guess is that this baby will be a little bigger than Kathryn was (6 lbs. 9 oz), somewhere a little over 7 lbs. So we'll see if they guessed rightly. The funny thing about the ultrasound pictures that we got is that the profile is totally different than Kathryn's, including what look like huge lips! It's a pretty funny picture, actually. So I'm curious to see what this baby looks like.
I'm still feeling good- actually, better than a few months ago. The other night I woke up with contractions, strong enough to go charge my camera battery just in case this was "it", but then they stopped. So it looks like it'll be a while yet. I go to the Doctor on Tuesday, so we'll see if I'm any further along.
I had an ultrasound last week, in which they wanted to see the size...their guess is that this baby will be a little bigger than Kathryn was (6 lbs. 9 oz), somewhere a little over 7 lbs. So we'll see if they guessed rightly. The funny thing about the ultrasound pictures that we got is that the profile is totally different than Kathryn's, including what look like huge lips! It's a pretty funny picture, actually. So I'm curious to see what this baby looks like.
I'm still feeling good- actually, better than a few months ago. The other night I woke up with contractions, strong enough to go charge my camera battery just in case this was "it", but then they stopped. So it looks like it'll be a while yet. I go to the Doctor on Tuesday, so we'll see if I'm any further along.
Kathryn has been very into all the baby clothes...I got all our newborn girl clothes down and washed them, just in case, which ended up being quite a hassle...Lots of spit up stains that got much worse sitting in the attic. After Oxiclean and a few soaks, they are looking good as new again. :)
Looks like this baby will have some competition for his/her bouncy seat!
8 Months (or 9, depending on how you look at it)



5 comments:
That's so exciting!! I can't wait to hear the news of the next baby Swan being born.
I forget, did you go early with Kathryn? Be prepared for lots of pre-labor contractions like you had the other night (those drive me crazy).
You look great! You are in the home stretch now! :)
You look so cute Rebecca.
And thanks for posting that baby Alicia is here:) I hadn't heard yet. Very fun!
So very exciting! I will keep all 4 of you in my thoughts and prayers!
Any updates? I've been thinking of you!
Post a Comment