Saturday, May 23, 2009

.11 weeks.

It's hard for me to believe our little guy is almost 3 months old! These weeks are flying by, but in a lot of ways, it's hard for me to remember what our lives were like before Daniel was part of our family. I think I'm finally feeling like life is settling into a new "normal." I certainly feel like life is easier now than it was a month ago. Daniel started a nice trend this week of sleeping 7-8 hours at night, which has allowed me to feel much more rested during the day (I'm hoping this trend lasts!!) And as he's settled into a fairly predictable nap and eating schedule, I'm finding myself with a good chunk of time in the afternoons with both kids sleeping.

I'm starting to get used to the "juggling" of having two kids; things that would have ruffled my feathers when Daniel was first born don't seem like that big a deal now. And with Daniel smiling more and more, it's fun to see his little personality starting to come out. It's so fun to see him looking for one of our faces when he hears voices, then break into a huge smile when he makes eye contact. He seems to really watch us and gets upset if he's left alone for too long.

I love how he stays all curled up when I wake him up- we call him our little Bowling Ball. I love kissing his soft cheeks and fuzzy head. I love how he coos and smiles. I love his big blue eyes. He is such a gift to our family, and we are very grateful for him! Here are some recent pics:



4 comments:

Em said...

He is so handsome! I love the blue eyes too! :)

Carolyn said...

He is soo cute and it sounds like you are doing great!

meghann said...

i love him too!!! what a gift!

Anonymous said...

Daniel you are SUCH a cutie! I was with Luke and Kendra Henderson whose little Noelle is almost the same age. But I think she's half the size.

Love
Nana