We just got back from a great vacation at Isle of Palms (near Charleston) with the Seavers and Lechners. This is only our second vacation with friends, and we loved it! The drive down there was not very fun...we actually both wore earplugs for a good deal of the time, since Daniel was screaming for about an hour (he still is not a big fan of his carseat) and Kathryn was crying because she couldn't fall asleep. I think about 2 1/2 hours into the drive, we were both thinking, "And just why are we doing this??"
But the driving time aside, we had a wonderful time with our friends. We were a very short walk away from the beach (right across the street from the beach access), which made going to and from the beach a breeze. And we practically had the beach to ourselves, which was wonderful.
Thankfully the drive back went much smoother, since I decided to sit in the back with the kids (a little tight between the two carseats, but it was worth it!). I think Kathryn loved having so much of my attention the whole ride back, and I was able to hold Daniel's pacifier in his mouth, which kept him happy. Here are a few pics from the trip:
But the driving time aside, we had a wonderful time with our friends. We were a very short walk away from the beach (right across the street from the beach access), which made going to and from the beach a breeze. And we practically had the beach to ourselves, which was wonderful.
Thankfully the drive back went much smoother, since I decided to sit in the back with the kids (a little tight between the two carseats, but it was worth it!). I think Kathryn loved having so much of my attention the whole ride back, and I was able to hold Daniel's pacifier in his mouth, which kept him happy. Here are a few pics from the trip:
The Swans, Seavers, and Lechners


My men

Me with my peeps

My three favorite people


Did you know a group of girls is called a gaggle? I think this qualifies!

Kathryn's not in this one, but I loved how all the girlies were dancing around after we had our official photo shoot.

Kathryn LOVED the beach and was totally fearless in the water. This was really a fun age for the beach, since I didn't really have to worry about her being knocked down by the waves, and she loved playing with the other girls in the sand.





3 comments:
Hayden refuses to walk on sand! Hopefully Kathryn will keep her beach-love affair through the summer! Only two months.
Love
Mom
What a fun, fun trip! My fav picture is Nick & Daniel on the beach :) And the one of the girlies dancing. Love it!
So fun!
Post a Comment