Friday, October 30, 2009

House Pics

I am really amazed at how fast the exterior of the house has gone up. From foundation to this in maybe a week and a half! Here are two views from the street (eventually there will be another house directly on the left, but it's an open lot for now)


The view from the back of the house...you can just barely make out the church building through the trees. Our property pretty much stops at the black fence, but all the woods behind us will remain intact, which is nice.


Garage, looking into the den (on left)
Standing in the kitchen looking into the family room.

View from the front entry: A front sitting room with a half wall, looking into the family room (kitchen is back and to the left)
Upstairs- from one of the kids' rooms looking into the loft area (where Nick and Kathryn are)

4 comments:

Margaret Feit said...

Wow, I can't believe how fast this is going up! Fun to see. Looking at these pictures, I'm hearing Kathryn's cute voice ringing in my head, saying "Is this the land, mommy?" Maybe now she calls it the new house, but it was so funny to hear her calling it "the land." It'll be fun to see when it's all done.

Em said...

What a lovely home on a beautiful location! It's wonderful!

Katie Coons said...

Wow! I didn't know! Looks great and like a big project for you guys! Who is building it? I'm surprised your mom isn't down there putting up the beams! Looks lovely!

paulandrews said...

That is going to be a wonderful house with such a nice yard for the kids to play in! I'm glad everything is going well!