Kathryn seems to be officially done with naps this month. Sometimes that reality makes me want to cry. Gone are the days of 3 hour stretches of uninterrupted time in the afternoons. ( I know, welcome to the real world). BUT this new change has not been without perks-
-Kids REALLY in bed by 7:45! (HUGE improvement from the bedtime battle til 9:30 or 10)
-Kathryn started sleeping in again til close to 8am, a nice change from the 6:30 morning routine she was pulling there for a while.
-Several nights of uninterrupted sleep for us (improvement from a nightly visitor knocking on our door at 2-4am)
-More productivity for me in the afternoon, oddly enough. I guess since I don't really feel "off duty" anymore, it makes me keep working.
-Less computer time for me, which is probably good. Is it really all that fruitful anyway?
I'm definitely needing the Lord's strength every day, as some of these days are looooooong. Still in the process of training Kathryn to have "rest time" even if she doesn't nap. Some days more successful than others, most days not at all restful for me. But I think she'll get the hang of it. Any tips on this from you experienced moms?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for keeping up with your blog. I so miss talking to you and this way I can *see* what's been happening with you. As far as no more naps, I was going to suggest to try to continue having *quiet times*, but you have already figured it out. It helps with the transition for both her and you!
Thanks again, Kim Graf
Post a Comment