Saturday, July 17, 2010

do you not remember?

"Do you not yet perceive or understand? Are your hearts hardened? Having eyes do you not see, and having ears do you not hear? And do you not remember?"

The disciples were anxious about not having bread. And yet Jesus had just fed a huge crowd with very little food, not once but twice. And He asks them, "do you not remember?"

How many times does my anxious heart pound, only to have God ask, "Do you not remember? Do you not remember my faithfulness, goodness, provision, protection? Time and time again."

And I am brought to my knees as I remember the countless mercies of my heavenly Father, who has never once forsaken me. He is so good.

"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning;
great is thy faithfulness.
"The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."
Lamentations 3:21-24

No comments: