THE POOL
Spent many hours at the pool this summer. Some with friends, some with just the kids and me, some with Nick. Okay, very few with Nick, but we DID manage to get him out in the heat a few times. :)
Spent many hours at the pool this summer. Some with friends, some with just the kids and me, some with Nick. Okay, very few with Nick, but we DID manage to get him out in the heat a few times. :)

By the end of the summer, Daniel finally didn't scream when I put on any kind of floatie on him. Made my time much easier!

Floating into the deep end

And this crazy girl is quite the water bug. LOVES the pool, loves going under water, and always wants to practice swimming without floaties.


Is there something about the baby of the family that always melts one's heart?
...AND BEGIN THE PARK
Time for Fall already?? Where did the summer go? I anticipate many, many hours spent here this Fall. Oh the joys of being a mom of littles. I love that I can take off for the park for a few hours and have it count under my job description.
Time for Fall already?? Where did the summer go? I anticipate many, many hours spent here this Fall. Oh the joys of being a mom of littles. I love that I can take off for the park for a few hours and have it count under my job description.


DAILY LIFE
Bathtime. This profile reminds me of Kathryn at this age.
Bathtime. This profile reminds me of Kathryn at this age.

Yuck.

Apparently he thought it was funny when I made a face at how yucky the bath water is to drink (especially out of year-old empty bottles that probably have all sorts of slime growing in them. I guess that's what happens with deprived children...they have to settle for slimy bottles instead of flashy bath toys. Not that they would pass up a slimy bottle for new bath toys anyway. But I digress.) I love his sweet smile.

And this is why I have to remind myself to close all doors behind me. Silence is not golden here. It usually means trouble.

Only kathryn would look at a heap of toilet paper on the floor and exclaim in a dramatic voice, "Oh! What a beautiful Dress! Oh My!" Gotta give her credit for a good imagination.
And so summer seems to be at an end (although we'll try to squeeze in a few more pool days before it closes), and Fall begins. I must say, I'm really ready for the cooler weather, which makes going outside with the kids soooo much easier. The end.




1 comment:
haha, i love your "littles." they're great fun, it looks like! i especially like the "silence isn't golden, but Little Trouble is" and "dress up"
Post a Comment