Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Kathryn

It's hard to believe that I have a 4-year-old now! If I could describe Kathryn in a nutshell, the words dramatic, loving, and free-spirited come to mind. She continues to keep us laughing (and praying) with her flare for the dramatic. She is also my snugglebug, preferring to sit on my lap and snuggle over any other activity. And she is also often-times in her own little world, which is usually pretty entertaining to watch. In many ways, I feel like she has turned a corner since turning 4. Lots of things that would have caused an afternoon of tears 6 months ago, now she'll proudly proclaim, "I'm four now, so it's not a big deal." I think my favorite times in the last few months have been reading through some of the Little House books together and snuggling in bed at nighttime.

Thankfully the last few weeks have been better on the sleep front. Although she did come into our room four times last night, for the most part she's been staying in her room through the night a lot more, which has been a huge blessing. I forgot how good it felt to be well rested myself! There's nothing quite like being woken from a dead sleep by a scream of rats in the room or even just someone tapping on your face, whispering, "mommy? mommy? mommy?...." And although I'm still in mourning for afternoon naptime, which has been substituted by a flimsy "rest time," we have been enjoying smoother bedtimes at night as a result. Also a huge plus!

Happy girl one minute...


The ever turning tide of countenance

We bought these shoes for her birthday...the dazzling sparkles, or "jewels," seem fitting for the wearer.

No comments: