We're out of boxes! Hurray! Now that our apartment is all set up, we are feeling more at home in our new apartment. This has been quite a full weekend... The week started out on a rather sad note, since Kathy Bowers, the Mom of my good friend Jeanie Lechner, passed away on Monday. She had been fighting cancer for 7 years, although had only really been sick for the last year. We hosted some friends from Charlotte for the weekend, who came up for the memorial service on Friday. The service was beatiful and Christ-centered. Each member of her family shared, which left no eye dry in the 1000-person audience. At one point during the service, one of the pastors commented that God gets our attention with death and loss. It made me realize that life really is short- I have a very short time on earth in light of eternity. I was provoked in realizing how little I share the Gospel with others and how much time and energy I waste on frivolous things. I don't think it's helpful to rest in condemnation, but rather I look to the cross and to the one who can bring about change in my life. For every one look at my sin, ten looks at the cross... Oh blessed grace poured down on me, an undeserving sinner. How great is our God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment