Saturday, September 23, 2006

Great is His Faithfulness

I came to the realization a few days ago that I really do not want to be anywhere else but here right now. Of course I miss home and dear friends in Charlotte, but God has been putting a peace in my heart about our time here in Maryland. What joy to know that he has placed us exactly where He wants us at exactly the right time. He always does! Even in the timing with the baby coming in January, I see that God has led us in his timing to his purpose. I think it would have been much harder coming here next year (one of the original plans) with a one year old, and I'm excited to have our baby here. One of the other PC wives is due to have her 5th baby any time now, and I have been amazed at how much love and support has been poured out on her from the other PC wives. What godly and servant-hearted women these are! Not only does it inspire me to want to grow in areas I am weak by following their example, but I am comforted knowing that I will have lots of arms around me when my time comes to dive into parenthood in a few months. How kind of the Lord!
Speaking of the other wives, last night we had a sleepover at Kristin Seaver's home, which was wonderful! One of the highlights of the evening was when we all received love letters that our husbands had written us earlier...isn't that sweet? And then we were all in a circle, and Kristin had prepared a bowl of chocolates in the middle. For each woman was a chocolate attached to a ribbon, and as we pulled the ribbon out there was a question attached, which we then answered. Some quetions were funny, some were serious. At the end going around, there were some extras, so we read them out loud and whoever wanted to answer could. One of these questions was "I know you won't like this question, but what are some of your strengths God has blessed you with?" Well, we ended up using that as a jumping block to encourage strengths that we saw in others. What a neat time of encouragement, stemming from friendships that have only existed for a month. As I looked around the room, I silently thanked God for his continued faithfulness in each passage of my life. I have a deep peace knowing that God has a plan for my life, and he will continue to be faithful just as he has until now. How good it is to be loved by our Heavely Father!
"Great is Thy Faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.
Great is Thy Faithulness! Great is Thy Fiathfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided--
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sweet fruit in your life, Reba! Delightful to read of God's care for you and your wonderful responsive heart! I miss you much, but loved looking at the picture of those ladies that God has so richly blessed you with!

Love you girl!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that the Lord is encouraging your heart. I can only imagine what a wonderful season of sweet and intense fellowship it must be!