DC is known for its beautiful Cherry Blossom trees this time of year. On Monday, Nick planned a date into the city for us to see these beautiful blooms. Apparently these particular trees (probably thousands in number) were a gift from the Japanese government, and every year there is a "Cherry Blossom Festival" held to celebrate. We walked around the Tidal Basin, from the Washington Monument to the Jefferson Memorial. It was very crowded (surprising, for a weekday) but so worth it...just beautiful! I have my wonderful husband to thank for these shots...he manned the camera the whole day.
Nick took this shot because he said it's how he always sees Kathryn, draped over my shoulder. We affectionately call her "Milk Tongue." You can see why! :)
1 comment:
She is gorgeous!!! I mean, just one of the sweetest looking little girl babies I've ever seen! Thanks for the beautiful pictures! That was sweet of Nick to take you to the Cherry Blossom festival. Macon (about 20 minutes north of here) has one too, but about 3 weeks before DC's. :)
Post a Comment