I took Kathryn in for her (belated) 6 month checkup last week. At 7 months, she weighs 17 lbs. 11 oz. (75th percentile) and is 26 3/4 inches (also 75th percentile). So our little kiddo is growing quickly! Her new favorite thing to do is feed herself...cheerios, peas, anything that she can try to pick up (including ANY little scrap of paper left on the floor!) She's getting around quite quickly now with her army crawl, and I think she was practicing crawling on all fours when she was supposed to be taking a nap this afternoon. That's what it looked like when I went to check on her, anyway. :)
The last two weeks have actually been a little harder for me, in that she has not been quite so predictable as she has been before. In the midst of dropping her last night feeding and dropping her 3rd nap, I feel like there is constant transition. I really feel like the Lord is using these circumstances to reveal my heart...my ever present idol of ease. Ah. And selfishness...life looks a little different with a crawler. :) I am reminded what several seasoned moms have said, that babies really are always changing. As soon as you think you've got them on a routine, something changes. Perhaps that is the Lord's way of increasing my dependence on Him. I so love having everything predictable, and the Lord is stretching that part of me a little bit these days. I'm thankful He never leaves me comfortable with relying on my own strength for very long!
The last two weeks have actually been a little harder for me, in that she has not been quite so predictable as she has been before. In the midst of dropping her last night feeding and dropping her 3rd nap, I feel like there is constant transition. I really feel like the Lord is using these circumstances to reveal my heart...my ever present idol of ease. Ah. And selfishness...life looks a little different with a crawler. :) I am reminded what several seasoned moms have said, that babies really are always changing. As soon as you think you've got them on a routine, something changes. Perhaps that is the Lord's way of increasing my dependence on Him. I so love having everything predictable, and the Lord is stretching that part of me a little bit these days. I'm thankful He never leaves me comfortable with relying on my own strength for very long!
Here are some recent pics:
"Pirate Kathryn" at Jake's Birthday Party
Waiting for Daddy to get home from work...she gets so excited when she sees him!
7 comments:
How kind of the Lord to reveal our character through our children! Character that would otherwise remain unchanged! I know it is God's grace for sanctification in my life! ENJOY it all...even when it's hard! Robin M.
Sweet pictures of a sweet girl. They really show her personality!
I am so enjoying watching Kathryn through your blog (and of course reading your bog too.) I check in often.
love,
Becky
Hi,
Just a note to say how much I enjoy checking in and seeing all your updates on Kathryn and reading your blog insights!
love,
Becky
The picking up everything stage makes you extra vigilant! We've noticed that when Danny can't find a shinibble, he makes one (picking at the carpet, boxes, etc.). May God grant you patience and grace for this new stage... I know it was tough for me (but oh so fun too!).
What a sweet baby. It so fun to watch them grow and change, isn't it? (while that very changefulness makes it challenging at the same time!)
She looks so cute in the Pirate party attire! She's such a dainty little girl!
Needles are just something I got used to! I actually LIKE them, I think giving myself shots is fun and I'm actively DOING something. Weird, huh?
THANK YOU for all the prayers, concern, and love!! It means so much!!!
Post a Comment