Thursday, November 08, 2007

Poems in Pictures

"I'll tell you how he sun rose-
A ribbon at a time.
The steeples swam in amethyst,
The news like squirrels ran.

The hills untied their bonnets,
The bobolinks begun.
Then I said softly to myself,
"That must have been the sun!"

Emily Dickonson


**************************************

"Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That sends the frozen-ground-swell under it
And spills the upper boulders in the sun,
And makes gaps even two can pass abreast...

...But at spring mending-time we find them there.
I let my neighbor know beyond the hill;
And on a day we meet to walk the line
And set the wall between us once again.
We keep the wall between us as we go...

...Good fences make good neighbors."
Robert Frost


**************************************

"A fire crackling in a cozy room
Where many memories softly loom
A sparkling fire dances clear
With warm visions of yesteryear
Reminisce for just a little while
Dream or just put on a smile
Take a moment to reflect
To enjoy the view so perfect
For a moment of peacefulness
Enjoy my offering of sweet bliss."


********************************
"Not amber, not crimson
An unknown color with a fascinating beauty"
Minosuke Noguchi


**********************************

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

...I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
Robert Frost

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful Rebecca, we have two photographers in the family now. Love, Marilyn

meghann said...

oh my reba!....you have been so ''poetic''lately! ;)
good to talk with you at the meeting. we will have to really catch up soon! i heard you did well tonight...i'm so proud of you! love you!!

Spirit of Adoption said...

I LOVE the foot pic by the fireplace! So romantic ; ) And the pics of the hike are GREAT! : ) So fun!

Jeanie said...

Gorgeous pictures, Reba!