Nick's parents, Dennis and Marilyn are here for the weekend...this is the first trip where Kathryn seems to recognize them, which of course is very fun for all of us. She is quite taken with "Papaw" and "Mamaw," and they have had fun playing with her all weekend.
On Saturday, we went to the church's easter egg hung outreach, including face painting (Kathryn barely sat still long enough to get her face painted)
"Hey, I see eggs out there! Lots of them!"
"Aha! I found two of them!"
Well, we joined the pagan tradition of easter baskets with Kathryn. :) She mostly just loved taking the grass in and out of the basket and was quite thrilled to discover that there were M&Ms in the plastic eggs! We also gave her a little toothbrush and trainer toothpaste (much needed for that "dragon Breath" of hers) and some crayons. As much as I enjoyed Kathryn as a baby, I'm finding that I am REALLY enjoying her as a 14 month old. I love seeing her respond more and interact. Of course there have been more challenging days, too, but on the whole I am really loving this age. Especially now that her molars are through that she was cutting for a while...that was not very fun for either of us. But now she's back to her sweet self, and Mama is much happier, too!
2 comments:
That's great her molars are threw! I'm not looking forward to that teething spell but I am looking forward to better chewing skills. I love that you gave Kathryn a toothbrush with her Easter candy! Haha!
She is so fun. Can't wait to join you in little-girl-mothering fun!
Post a Comment