Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Kathryn- 15 month update

Kathryn had her 15 month check up this morning, and she's looking great. Weight: 22 lbs. (25-50%), Height: 31 3/4 inches (75%). These days she's very active...walking like a pro, trying to run but still a little bit like a "drunken sailor" at times. She also loves climbing on to anything she can, which (thankfully) only includes a few of our sofa chairs and coffee table. She's really getting into books, which is a lot of fun. She likes sitting on our sofa chair and "reading" with her stuffed animals...it's so cute! She also loves "feeding" her bunny and monkey and will make little noises for them like they're eating. I love watching her play like that. Scribbling with colored pencils is the new favorite activity.

Life with a toddler has been different than life with a baby. Better, I think, but I'm having to be a little more strategic about planning out my days to make sure everything gets done. Just like when Kathryn was first born, I'm learning to be more efficient with chores (and I'm sure I'll have to grow in this area more when more children come along). I'm thankful that Kathryn remains a good sleeper, which means long afternoon naps. We really couldn't ask for an easier baby/toddler so far. It is a gift that I don't take for granted.

Just within the last few weeks, we've started having "pack-n-play time," with Kathryn playing in her pack n play in her room alone, which we've tried before resulting in a screaming baby and stressed Mom as a result, but something must have clicked suddenly that now she seems to really enjoy that play time by herself. It's been a wonderful addition to our morning schedule, which allows me to get ready for the day in a peaceful manner.

I think I say this at every stage, but this is my favorite age so far. I have really enjoyed watching Kathryn learn and develop. I love seeing that she's understanding more and more of what I'm saying to her, and having her start to communicate more with the few signs that she knows.

Here are some videos from this morning while we were eating breakfast.

3 comments:

3orange1blonde said...

Love the little waking up face..oh my!

Anonymous said...

Awww! I love watching your videos.

Jessica said...

I am amazed at how exactly opposite our babies are! Who would have guessed. :)