Saturday, May 31, 2008

4 Years!

Last week we celebrated our 4 year anniversary! Nick and I had a wonderful overnight getaway to the VanLandingham Estate, a fancy bed-and-breakfast downtown. It was such a treat to have the time alone (thanks to the Lechners for adding Kathryn to their crowd for 2 days!) We enjoyed a wonderful steak dinner at Sullivan's (a REAL treat!) including being called by our names and being wished a happy anniversary by the manager. It was very fun. In the morning we found a treasure- a used book store right down the street from the hotel...we spent over an hour looking at different books and of course walked away with 2 bag-fulls. I know, call us nerds, but we both really enjoyed that!

These last four years have been wonderful, seriously the best 4 years of my life. I can't imagine life without being married to Nick. I think the Lord has brought us closer together each year with the new experiences we share. There has been mutual sanctification as well, as we both have been stretched to grow more like Christ in the midst of our marriage. That is our goal, anyway. I appreciate how Nick both leads me well and challenges me in areas I am weak. I admire his relationship with the Lord, and appreciate that he meets with the Lord daily, without exception. He also is very wise in handling our finances...I am grateful for that. Of course, Kathryn adores him, and I have loved watching Nick fill his new role of Dad this year. Only makes me love him more! The Lord really knew what he was doing when He brought Nick into my life as my husband. Nick, I love you so much, and I am so thankful to God for the blessing of our marriage. Happy Anniversary!

Outside the Vanlandingham Estate...you can see a little bit of the beautiful grounds behind us. There was a big garden and a beautiful pond with a waterfall....definitely didn't feel like we were in the middle of the city!

Nick is sitting on a bench on the right...this gives you an idea of the landscape.

Off to our date for some delicious dinner

The Vanlandingham Estate

Here's one of the aisles of the used book store...it was two whole rooms filled with rows like these. I got a cookbook, a mystery novel, and several books for Kathryn. Nick got a complete book of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries and a few other things that I can't remember at the moment. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful!!! We have thought about going there in the past. Some day we'll make it there. Happy anniversary!!

Jeanie said...

Happy Anniversary a few days late :) You guys are the most wonderful friends in the world and we love you so much. You two are also incredible examples to all who observe your marriage! And despite how overwhelmed I seemed when you came home, I really, really LOVED having Kathryn :)I've only been gone for two days and I miss you all already!!! Love you!

The Nilsen Nest said...

Beautiful place! Good place to keep in mind for the future! Lots of anniversaries lately, ours is coming up too, July 1st!

Anne said...

What a sweet time Rebecca! All those rows of books make my eyes swim! I can't imagine looking through them all:)

Merritt Anderson said...

Congratulations to you both! God's favor is definitely on your lives!

The Andersons miss you guys!

Merritt

Meg said...

Sounds like a great anniversary trip! I know that Mom and Dad really like that bed and breakfast as well. Mom and I have taken a couple of trips to what I think is the same used bookstore...it really is a great one! I'm glad you found it.

Anonymous said...

You too look so beautiful and happy together! I'm so happy for you!