One of Cheryl's daughters showing Kathryn how to feed the goats...she was not interested in getting that close!
"I'll just watch them from here, how 'bout that?"
With the horse- couldn't get her to touch it. She was very interested in it, though.
The little kids were a little more interested in the big beach ball than they were with the animals.
Kathryn was very taken with this bunny
And the part of the adventure that was not planned...getting a flat tire on the highway on the way to the farm. I didn't have a cell phone with me, and I had only watched Nick change a tire once years ago, so I didn't know what to do. Jeanie and Eileen were about 10 minutes behind me, so I knew they would see me eventually, which is probably the only reason I wasn't totally losing it as I was trying to figure out what to do. I decided to stand outside the car and wave someone down, praying that whoever stopped would be helpful. Thankfully, the Lord brought two very helpful gentlemen, who I think were Christians, to change my tire. Thankfully there was a spare in the trunk.
4 comments:
I still think you are so brave!! I would have been crying my eyes out with a flat tire on 485!!
Glad to hear that God kept you safe during your "unplanned adventure." That's too cute about Kathryn and the animals. I love the picture of her in the hat. :)
Oh my goodness! I wouldn't know what to do with a flat tire, either.
Rebecca
I can't believe you have never changed a tire! Better practice at home in the parking lot. It's much easier than getting the direction book out on the side of the road, which I have done many times. It seemed we had blowouts in the red van on every cross country trip with five kids in the car? I guess you were too young to be made to change the tire. I think Kristen would say Dad made her change a tire regularly. I guess our parenting broke down somewhere along the way!
Love
Mom
Post a Comment