Sunday, August 17, 2008

Outer Banks Vacation

We just got back from a wonderful vacation with my family at the Outer Banks. This is the third year we've done this, and thanks to Dad and Mom's generosity, we were all able to stay in a huge house almost right on the beach. Here are some pictures from the week. I might write more later, but I'm up way past my bedtime, so pictures will have to do for now. :)



I won't put all the outtakes on here, but let's just say that these cousin pictures are nearly impossible to get good ones of everyone! This was the best I got. L to R: Kathryn, Meredith, Hayden, Alison, Bradford, Bethany. I'm so glad Kathryn got to play with her cousins and get to know them better.
And here's all the "great-grands" with Gram, my mom's mom.

Kathryn and Papa (my dad)

Shepard, Kristen (my sister), and Hayden


Margaret (sister) and Josh, who were able to come last minute...we were so glad to have them there!

Jeremy (brother) and Nancy and family

Stephen (brother) and Emily, just back from their honeymoon!!

Kathryn really loved the beach!

With cousin Bethany

Running from the waves

Proof that Nick did go outdoors this year...the guys had a lot of fun on the kayak, especially on the day that the waves were huge. At least they said it was fun...it looked a little scary to me, and it involved several major wipe outs that day!

A picture of the sky on the last night. We could see this storm rolling in, and the sky was so dark...I love the colors and lines.

8 comments:

Campbell said...

I love the first one!


Adam says nick looks pastey.

we miss ya'll.

meghann said...

we missed yall!

Em said...

It looks like you and your fam had a fabulous trip! :)

3orange1blonde said...

Thanks for posting. I love the pictures. How are you feeling?

The last picture would be perfect hung up in my bedroom, really big..I love 'moody' pictures..what kind of camera do you have? if you don't mind me asking...mine is starting to go out and I'd love to get some camera advice..

Rebecca said...

Lisa- In answer to your questions, I am feeling much better this week. Not so lethargic, which is nice! Also starting to get my sweet tooth back, so I guess that means my stomach is feeling better too. :) My camera is a Nikon D40, and I love it. It's pricey, but worth the money, I think.

Jeanie said...

Reba- That 1st picture is priceless. I better see it in a scrapbook or frame someday soon :) Its really that adorable!

Denise said...

Wow, looks like a blast! How neat that the cousins are so closein age!

And congrats on #2 coming along next year - sorry I'm behind on my blog following!

And did I see right that nick shaved???

Mrs. Reyes said...

That first pic is absolutely precious. :)