Last week Jeanie and I tag-teamed in watching the Blackburn twins, so we made a trip to Chick Fil-A and the park around the corner. It had just rained the day before, so there was a pretty big puddle that the kids loved splashing in (especially Kathryn- she, unlike the 2 1/2 year olds, is not old enough to know that she doesn't like being dirty). She got absolutely filthy, and we ended up stripping the kids down to diapers to get them home in the car because they were all dripping with mud.
I think there was some thieving going on in this picture...Alathea cries in desperation for her fries, while Avery looks slightly guilty . Meanwhile, Kathryn pretends not to see the crime.
I love this cutie pie!
"Hmmm, do you think we're allowed to go in here?"
"Hey, this is FUN!"
"Well, I've gotten this wet, I might as well just sit down in it"
"Hey Guys, watch this! I can splash!"
Playing is hard work
5 comments:
so cute! Looks like Kathryn had so much fun!
THIS BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF NICK AT THE BALL DIAMONDS. HE WAS IN EARLY ELEMENTARY AND HE ALSO GOT INTO A MUD PUDDLE AND WAS A MESS, HE WASN'T THE ONLY ONE. I WAS WALKING TO THE TRUCK AND I HEARD ONE PARENT SAY SOMETHING RUDE, [UNDER HER BREATH, WHICH I COULD HEAR] WHAT SHE WOULD DO IF THAT WERE HER CHILD, ANOTHER LADY GOT INTO HER TRUNK AND GAVE ME A TRASH BAG FOR NICK TO SIT ON SO HE WOULDN'T GET THE CARPET IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK DIRTY. SUCH A DIFFERENCE IN A PERSON'S CHARACTER. MUD WILL WASH OFF, HURTFUL WORDS CAN LAST A LIFETIME TO A CHILD. I LOOK BACK AT THAT TIME WITH LAUGHTER, JUST LIKE WHEN I SAW THE PICTURES OF KATHRYN ON THIS BLOG. SUCH A SWEET CHILD FULL OF LIFE, JUST LIKE HER DADDY. LOVE,MOM SWAN
VERY fun pics!
That looks like some messy, messy fun! :) It's so nice to see kiddos enjoying themselves like that.
I absolutely love the resting on the bench picture. Her face is like that of an angel..really so wonderful. I also love the eating/stealing picture..those girls are so beautiful.
Post a Comment