Friday, September 26, 2008

Goodbye, Lora! :(

I often think about how blessed I am to have friends as neighbors. Our neighborhood is tiny, but somehow we have ended up with three couples from church who are within a stone's throw from our house. An added bonus is having little buddies for Kathryn to play with, where we don't have to schedule "play dates" or drive to meet somewhere. We can just knock on each others' doors and stop by for a chat. I've also benefited many a time with borrowing food from someone's pantry when I've run out of something and have dinner cooking. And of course, there is a natural and unique kind of friendship that benefits from seeing one another frequently. These are only a few of the reasons I'm so thankful to be in our house.

Well, we knew the day was coming when one of our friends would need more space and move into another house, and last Saturday saw a moving truck in front of Lora's house, while they packed up and moved into their new house, about 10 minutes away. *sniff, sniff* Olivia and Kathryn are three weeks apart in age, and it was wonderful having them across the street. Here's a picture of our "neighborhood ladies" taken last week.

Lora with Olivia, Hilary with Abigail Lechner, Jeanie with Alathea, and Me with Kathryn

2 comments:

Hilary Ann said...

aww . . . i miss lora already!

the picture turned out great, espcially considering all the action that was happening just moments before the shutter clicked!

JJandFive said...

All those little girls are so precious : ) What sweet memories you will all have of this neighborly season.