Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stockings

My new project is making stockings so that we all have matching stockings (as well as future kids). So, opinion time...I'm trying decide if I should put just the first letter of our names on the stockings or figure out a way to write the full names across the top of the stockings. Thoughts?



7 comments:

Em said...

I like the initials, but then if you have children with the same initial down the road, it might get confusing. You could always do a monogram.

Also, I love the way you have your stockings hung! What is that you have them hung on?

3orange1blonde said...

I like the initial. You might get pins or sew on patches that you add as time goes by that characterizes that person..then each time you pull them out and as the years go by they'll "grow" and so will the kids. Just don't name the next one Kegan, Ky, Kevin or Kelsey..you'll be o.k.!

Marge said...

I made matching stockings for all of us a number of years ago. I used gold fabric paint to write out names on the band at the top. It turned out nice. I like your stockings, by the way. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

We've got just the initial, but Mom did a cursive initial for the girls and more of a bold one for the guys - it works well, cause we've got Eric, Elaine, Melissa, Mark... :)

Anonymous said...

I like the way initials or a monogram look.

Aren't the holidays extra fun with kids?!

Anne said...

I like the initials too. They look classic and modern at the same time. Very pretty!

Robin said...

What I did was made the stockings out of a basic similar fabric, but instead of names or initials, I made a different band for each one. Colors/designs, and I could make them unique that way. After a few years, we gave up stockings. We use little buckets now. Something different!