Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas Pictures

I can't believe it's been a whole month since my last post. I admit that my time has not really focused on blogging recently, but hopefully now I can get back into the swing of things. This year for Christmas we took our annual 2 week trip to visit both families. We loved seeing everyone...here are a few pictures.



Our Christmas on Dec. 21 in Charlotte. Kathryn was very excited about her tea set we got her. She has also loved playing with her playdough, which was a stocking gift. I think I'll try to stick with one gift for Christmas for our kids and then fill out some "needs" with the stocking stuffers. That seemed to work well this year, and maybe it will change...we'll see.


First leg of our trip was Muncie, where we celebrated Christmas with the Swans on the 23rd. Our annual traditions- Pizza King Pizza at night, then Christmas Eve Breakfast with the Swan extended family. Here's a picture of Kathryn with her cousin Tyler.

Hmmm, not the greatest of us, but one of the only ones from the whole trip!

Looking so forlorn...I had to post it because I think it's so funny.

The Swans-Pat & Sarah with Tyler, Us, Dennis & Marilyn, Sean & Stacey

Next we headed up to Michigan, where we celebrated Christmas on the 27th with my immediate family. We enjoyed the new house on the Michigan House property, which was a great place for us all to gather at. It was certainly a different feeling being there in the winter, but it was fun. Then on the 28th we headed back to Wheaton to spend more time with my family. Of course, no Taylor Christmas would be complete without a trip to Seven Dwarfs Restaurant- a Greek, Family-owned diner famous for its shakes. They know my brother-in-law by name there since he frequents it so often when he's in town, even though he lives in Atlanta!


Our family picture keeps growing! My parents, 5 original Tayors, 5 spouses, 6 grandkids, and Gram. Total count: 19!

Lastly, we headed to Brown County, Indiana to see more of Nick's extended family. The added bonus this year was a new indoor water park, which was pretty awesome. Kathryn spent the first hour terrified of the water, not even wanting to get her toes wet. Here's how she looked after 3 hours...in fact, it was quite an ordeal when we had to leave- she was enjoying herself that much!

No comments: