What a wonderful week this has been. We have really loved getting to know Daniel, and I think I'm finally feeling like he's part of our little family. I still can't quite wrap my brain around being a mom of two, but I'm sure that will come with time. My mom has been helping here with Kathryn and things around the house, and I have felt quite pampered. I really feel blessed to have so much help...I'm sure it's making the transition easier (ask me on Tuesday when she leaves how I'm doing). :) My brother Stephen was able to make a surprise stop on his way to Boston, which was a fun surprise, and my dad is here for the weekend.
Daniel is about as laid back as they come, for which I'm very greatful. I think his temperament is the Lord's way of easing me into the transition to two kids. We haven't seen him awake too much yet, but I'm sure that will change soon! And I think I enjoy the nighttime feedings more now than I did with Kathryn...it kind of feels like a special time with him, since I feel a little distracted during the day. So yes, I'm tired and a bit more emotional than usual, but I have also felt overwhelmed by God's grace to really enjoy this first week with Daniel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Have a blessed baby-moon!
Glad to hear the transition to two has been so smooth! :)
That's great! Keep enjoying your little man...you know well how fast they grow!
Post a Comment