Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We're still here...

Boy, it's been a while since I posted. I keep thinking of things to write and pictures to post, but time has escaped me these last few weeks. But here's a short summary of what we've been up to:

For Mother's Day, Nick set aside some money for me to repaint our bedroom and bathroom, something I've been wanting to do for a while. After several trips to Home Depot, 5 different samples of different blues on the wall, buying 3 gallons of paint that ended up being too light, going back to Home Depot to have them darken it, we now have a beautiful blue in our bedroom and bathroom. I really love it! I have discovered in the process that finding a good gray-blue is hard! I had a vision of what color I was looking for, but everything I put on the wall turned out way differently than envisioned from the paint chip. So now we have a custom color that has turned out beautifully. :)

For Father's Day, we traveled to Indiana for the week to surprise Nick's Dad. We had a lovely week with Nick's family, including seeing some uncles, aunts, and cousins. I think we managed to pull off the surprise, and we enjoyed relaxing with Nick's parents for the week.

This last weekend we enjoyed some time with Pat (Nick's younger brother) and Sarah and their son Tyler, as they were passing through Charlotte on the way to Raleigh. They had never seen our house before, so we enjoyed having them here for the night. Nick's other brother Sean and his wife Stacey will be here for the 4th, so we have been blessed with lots of family time- a real treat when we're so far away from everyone.

Kathryn unfortunately came down with a stomach bug last night, but it seems to be short lived. She hasn't thrown up at all today, but I can tell she's not quite up to her normal energy level. Nick and I commented to each other that our marriage has reached a new milestone of cleaning up remnants of dinner on the crib sheets together, trading off giving baths to K, and a late night trip to the store for some Pedialite. :)

So that's pretty much what we've been up to these last few weeks. Hopefully I'll get some pictures on here soon. I'm playing with the Symphony for their 4th of July concert this week, which I'm looking forward to, so it may be a few days before getting my pictures off my camera...stay tuned!

No comments: