Kathryn, almost 2 1/2, is such a delight. I love seeing her try to figure out life in the questions she asks. The other day we spent 20 minutes in the car talking about animals and what each farm animal eats. She was a little confused when it came to chickens, asking several times, "Chickens eat eggs?" Then I felt a little bad when she asked, "people eat chickens?" since in her mind they are sweet farm animals. :)
Her favorite (and most commonly asked) question is "What's that right there? Mommy, what's that?" Whether it's a picture in a book or a bug on the ground, she is eager to know the name for everything. And if she doesn't get it right away, she'll usually ask, "Again?" until she can say it. It's really something to watch her little mind developing.
Her favorite activity is probably watching movies, as she asks "I watch a movie for a little bit?" But she also loves running outside, swimming in our little pool, taking baths, changing her animals' diapers on Daniel's changing table, playing with wipes (she would take out a whole container-ful if I let her), and playing with her toy food. Her other favorite phrase is "I do it." Whether it's getting her shoes on or buckling herself in a highchair, it's "I do it" or "I CAN do it!" It's fun seeing her trying to do more things on her own, but it can be a challenge at times since her abilities haven't quite matched her confidence level. She's officially sleeping in her toddler bed, an adjustment which was a lot easier than I anticipated. Thankfully she's only gotten out of bed a few times, but on the whole she's sleeping great.


Daniel (4 months) continues to be a very delightful baby. He is so sweet- pretty much smiles and coos every time someone looks at him unless he's hungry or tired. He has been a great eater from the start (as seen by his 17-ish pounds packed onto his little body! He's quite 'solid' now!) He's also turned into a great sleeper...I feel blessed indeed. He is mostly still sleeping in our closet, although I was putting the kids in the same room for a while. They actually did great, but I think I'll wait until Daniel is more reliably sleeping until closer to Kathryn's wake up time. She got pretty good at falling back asleep when he would cry, but I like having the option of letting him fuss a little to make sure he's really needing to be up before getting him. That wasn't very possible when Kathryn would start crying, calling "MOMMY! Daniel's Crying!! Take him out?"

This month has marked Daniel's first haircut, which is funny since I haven't even cut Kathryn's hair for real yet. Here's a before and after picture: much improved, although he's quite bald now. He had a funny mullet thing going on in the back, and it just looked so funny with his bald head on top. Other milestones this month are rolling over onto his back from his stomach and laughing.


As far as my adjustment to being a mom of two, I think it's definitely getting easier. The hardest thing for me has been trying to figure out how Kathryn's and Daniel's schedules can line up to, 1. keep Kathryn occupied and out of trouble while I'm feeding Daniel, and 2. maximize simultaneous naptimes. Through it all, I'm learning how to be slightly more efficient at different things around the house (by necessity), as well as learning that some things can (and have to) slide a little.
Nick and I are doing very well- he really is wonderful. I'm so thankful that he's my husband...I am very very blessed!!
Well, if anyone has made it to the end of this post, good for you! I think this has been long enough, and I'll save more for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment