Friday, September 18, 2009

Couponing

Over the last year and a half, I have been slowly getting into using coupons and try to save money on our grocery and household bills, and I've been amazed at the savings available through rebate programs like what Rite Aid has. Below is a Rite Aid shopping trip yesterday that totaled $5.50 after coupons and rebates. What a blessing to be able to purchase all these things we will use for so little...



What I never have been into is clipping coupons for food items, figuring I was saving more money just shopping at Aldi and finishing my trips at Bi-Lo or Bloom. But for fun I tried using coupons for triple coupon week at Harris Teeter, and below is what I was able to get for $1.15 after coupons and vouchers. I was floored. And the neat thing is that it's items we will really use, like pasta, yogurt, frozen veggies, brown rice, biscuits, tuna fish, fruit snacks, among other things. I think I might be convinced...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! And I thought I did well this week at HT. I need to take lessons from you, Rebecca!

Denise said...

Um, I second that. Tell me about how you do it.... where you get your coupons, etc. As a mom of little ones, I don't know how you have time to clip, but I want to learn!

The Nilsen Nest said...

Wow! Good work!

Anonymous said...

Wow....even Kathryn looks stunned at how much you were able to purchase for that price : ) Oh, and Daniel told me he doesn't appreciate the fact that he's been here for 6 months, and you have yet to update your sidebar : )

The Doty Family said...

Oh my word, Rebecca! That's AMAZING! I admit I tried the coupon thing last year and didn't do so well. I just shop at Aldi - but I might reconsider after reading your blog post! :) By the way, are you still making nursing covers? I have a few friends that have admired mine and would like to buy some. I LOVE mine... you did a beautiful job!

Crystal said...

I agree with Marge. My error was I went on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. They were out of sooo much

Crystal said...

I agree with Marge! I went to HT, but on Tuesday instead of the beginning of the week. They were out of so much!

Topharmers Wife said...

Harris Teeter has some great deals this week! I got like $280 worth of stuff for right at $9! Did you do the diaper deal at Rite Aid?? I wish I would have gotten on the ball for that one :)

Katie Coons said...

impressive! grandma t would be proud!

Nancy Taylor said...

Very impressive! Does HT double coupons? I can never manage to save more than 40 or 50% on the final bill, although that's including things like milk, bread, fruit/veggies, etc. that we need each week.

JJandFive said...

You are amazing!