Friday, March 12, 2010

Big One-Year-Old





Daniel turned one this last week! Hard to believe! He still seems like such a little baby to me, even though I remember Kathryn feeling "so old" at that age. It's funny how perspective changes. There aren't too many new updates for Daniel boy...still very fast with his army crawl. He has discovered the joys of the kitchen cabinets and the dishwasher, which means I have to move him out of the way several times whenever I'm cooking or doing something at the sink. I keep meaning to put our cabinet locks on, knowing that it will make my life much easier, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. He has started to snuggle a little more at night after his bottle, which is a lot of fun. Since he was really tiny, he has NOT been a snuggler. So this is a nice change. Still no real words yet, although he can kind of say "kat kat" for Kathryn and "ba ba" for bottle. And occassionally "dada." I love that his personality is really coming out. We love you, buddy! Happy birthday!

Kathryn insisted that Daniel would like a "car cake," so here was the final product
(thanks to Jessica M. for the inspiration)

And the happy little man after devouring his piece of cake in about 10 seconds.

5 comments:

Hilary Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Daniel!

JJandFive said...

We made that cake for Spencer's eighth birthday! :) Totally fun : )

Jeanie said...

Looks like little man had a great birthday! All he needed was cake to make him happy!! Great job on the cake. Looks like you got your cake decorating groove back :)

Anonymous said...

Yea! Finally some dear pictures. There are more on Linnea's blog too. Love you, Daniel boy--you sure do look likr your mama!

Love Nana

Em Campbell said...

OMG no way! Where did I lose the last 6 months??? He's such a big boy! Miss y'all.