
Hard to believe Daniel is one already! He is, as we call him, a "boogie." He definitely getting more personality, which is fun to see. For the most part, he continues to be a very easy-going little boy, with a few exceptions to this. His sweet countenance can turn on a dime if he either wants food or has something taken from him. Then his face turns red and he screams. Oh dear.
I finally got all the locks on the kitchen cabinet, which has frustrated the Young Explorer's plans on several occasions, much to the delight of his mama. And we had to start officially training the said Young Explorer to not touch the dishwasher when the same mama found him holding a Cutco knife! Thankfully he's not climbing stairs (yet), so I can pretty easily keep track of him.

Now that Daniel's one, he's officially weaned and off his bottle. The latter was because I ran out of formula and didn't feel like buying any more! The only downside to this is that it's hard to get a good snuggle out of the boy since he has never been one to sit still unless he's eating. But by the end, he would only be still enough to drink an ounce or two from the bottle, so it wasn't much anyway.

Daniel is totally a Daddy's Boy. He really seems to prefer Nick over me, which I think is really cute. He gets so excited whenever Nick comes home and is happy to sit with Nick on the couch, something he would rarely do with me. Sometimes he'll get too excited and end up head-butting Nick and attacking his face, which is pretty funny to watch.

I'm so thankful that Daniel continues to be a good sleeper. He usually goes to bed at 7 and I don't hear a peep from him til 7:30 or so the next morning. Don't know how I got blessed with two good sleepers, but I'm thankful. For a while I was giving him one nap so I could get out more easily, but I've gone back to giving him two naps since it's nice to have the morning break. I seem to be doing less outside the house these days anyway, so it makes the morning run a little more smoothly with a morning nap for D. Speaking of sleep, since Daniel slept in the pack n play from the time he was born, he really hates his crib. I usually lay him down in our closet for naps since he'll sleep so long, and every night when I put him in his crib he screams. When Kathryn did that, I was so much tougher, saying "she just needs to learn to sleep. She can cry." I don't know why it's so much harder to hear Daniel cry. But he'll get the hang of his crib soon, I hope.
It's amazing how tightly my heart strings are wrapped around this little guy in just over a year. We love him so much and are greatly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment