Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Big Girl

We celebrated this week...Kathryn is officially potty trained through the night (hooray!) So to celebrate, I took her out for a milkshake (and got Starbucks for myself, of course). Phew. Glad that is done!! Note to self: Do NOT start potty training 3 weeks after a baby is born. Ever. It's been a long year in that regard. :) But in reality, it all was easier than we expected, really. If I hadn't jumped the gun on timing, I think it would have gone even smoother. But what's done is done and now we officially have a "big girl." :)


Almost every day is spent in dress up these days. She's either a princess or a ballerina, or a "bag lady," as Nick calls her. She'll put on all of her dress up stuff (2 hats, boa, several purses, ballet shoes AND princess shoes, a tutu and some sort of dress and veil made from blankets), stuff her purses full of toys, and then load up her shopping cart with bags of toys until it's as tall as she is. One of these days I need to get a picture. It's quite hilarious.



And the ever-present flair for the dramatic

LOVES the pool and is learning how to swim underwater without floaties. I think by the end of summer she'll have it down. And I love the tummy.

It's hard work playing. You probably can't see, but she is holding a wand while she's sleeping. :)

One of the kids' favorite things to do while I'm on the computer. Maybe I'll be able to pull this picture out when one of our kids is a famous musician. Then again, maybe all of our kids will be tone deaf.

Again, Drama.

1 comment:

Katie Coons said...

I think that Josie and Kathryn have some similarities (actually, just like Josie and her mom Kathryn!) Must be a family thing:) We've got a little drama queen too so it's fun to see your posts:) And I read about Daniel and thought, wow, Rebecca sure has a lot on her hands. I'll be praying for you there. But I was also struck with what I know about you-- if there is anyone who can be disciplined and consistent to give him the care he needs, it's you. Hang in there. I know you'll get though. Love you.