And then there's the whole dilemma of finding children's books that I actually enjoy reading aloud (I'm currently thinking of a particular Dora book that I do not enjoy reading and happens to be K's favorite pick as of now...every day, multiple times a day this is requested.) So I thought I'd post a list of my favorite read-alouds. Some of these books are classics and some are more obscure, but they are all ones that I happily pick up to read to the kids and haven't gotten sick of them yet. So first off, my favorite baby books.
Opposites
by Sandra Boynton
Simple board book with one word per page
by Sandra Boynton
Simple board book with one word per page

Goodnight Moon
by Margaret Wise Brown
I don't think this one needs explaining. An old classic.
by Margaret Wise Brown
I don't think this one needs explaining. An old classic.

Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones
by Claire Freedman
A sweet board book about all the African animal babies settling down for the night
The Very Busy Spider
by Eric Carle
Good for learning animals and their sounds
by Claire Freedman
A sweet board book about all the African animal babies settling down for the night

The Very Busy Spider
by Eric Carle
Good for learning animals and their sounds
Hugby Jez Alborough
A sweet picture book about Bobo the monkey being lost, then finding his Mommy with the help of the other animals

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Another good one for learning animals. Daniel really likes this one.
Another good one for learning animals. Daniel really likes this one.

That's Not My Teddy, It's Paws Are Too Woolly
Usborne touchy-feely books (there are lots of them and they're all good)
Usborne touchy-feely books (there are lots of them and they're all good)


1 comment:
You have got to try "Tacky the Penguin" by Helen Lester...I think I have an extra copy of it...you'll love it!
Chelsey
Post a Comment