Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Normal Day

Nick and I had a wonderful date last night at Panera (thanks to the Sheas for those gift cards!) to plan our schedules from now until Christmas...at least to get the basic idea of what to expect. I thought I would fill you all in as to what does our schedule look like here in Maryland. I'll start with Nick-
Monday & Saturday
6:00 Wake
6:30-7:30 Devotions
8-4 Read for the coming week at the school
4:30-5:30 Exercise
5:30 DATE NIGHT!!!
Tuesday - Thursday
6:00 Wake
6:30-7:30 Devotions
7:45 leaves for school
8-9 Study Greek
9-4 Class
4:30-5:30 Exercise
6ish Dinner together (Wednesdays are hospitality nights)
7-10 Study (once a month we meet with the Mahaneys as a group)
Friday looks about the same as Tues-Thurs, except he stays at school later to study and take the test for that week.
My schedule is still sort of in the making, but here's a rough estimate:
Mondays-
6:30 Wake
7-8 Run/walk (more walking these days!)
9-10 Devotions
10:30-12:30 Babysit Seavers
Afternoon- chores, nap, Walmart Run
DATE NIGHT
Tuesdays-
6:30 Wake
7:15-8:15 Devotions
8:30-10 Grocery Shop
Lunch, nap, exercise, dinner
7-8:30 Accountability Meeting
Wednesdays-
6:30 Wake
7-8 Run
9-11 Devotions and reading
1-2:30 Teach lessons
Nap, Dinner
7:00 Care group
Thursdays-
6:30 Wake
6:45-7:45 Exercise
8:30-9:15 Devotions
9:30-10:30 Gym Day (meet with other PC wives at the church while the kids run around)
Afternoon- get together with someone, chores, nap, dinner
Friday is my day to relax and rest or fellowship with someone. Or run errands. :)
So, these are our proposed schedules- but as I have had a week of learning, God often sends interruptions to our days to keep us relying on him. My agenda for my day may not be what He has in mind for me. So even as we plan our days, the Lord determines our steps. Two prayer requests here-
1. That God would strengthen Nick for long days of class and study
2. That God would give me wisdom to structure my days but flexibility in welcoming interruptions to my schedule, that I would never trust in a schedule to bring me joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the naps while you have the time and the quiet! Ha! It's fun seeing the pictures and hearing about your lives. You really are a cute pregnant momma. Love, Marilyn/Mom