Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Looking Forward...

Hello, Dear Friends. This last week didn't hold a lot of new things on its plate, but I did have a nice visit on Friday with Jessica (Hoffmeier) Lim, a high school friend, and her sweet baby Daniel, who is 6 weeks old. We enjoyed lunch out and then a walk in a nearby park. Thank you, Jess, for the nice visit!
Coming up in the next few weeks, we have several things that we're looking forward to: My parents are coming to visit this weekend, then our good friends Joe and Jeanie Lechner are coming to town for Thanksgiving. It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is next week! How much I have to be thankful for (more on that next week...) I'm also looking forward to a trip down to Charlotte in December for a baby shower, and then to our families for Christmas. When we get back from Christmas break, there will only be 3 weeks until our sweet baby is due! Wow! I should pause here to ask, "am I getting ahead of myself?" I think I can often do that, especially with so many exciting things coming up. In light of meditating on contentment recently, it is good to ask myself if I'm really focused on today. The next few weeks really will fly by with all this activity, and I don't want to look back on these weeks wishing I had invested more fully in each day. That being said, I do think its good to look forward and be excited about God's blessings- time with friends and family, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and January 24. Please pray that God will keep my anticipation in balance with taking delight in TODAY, that my eyes would be ever watching for his mercies and blessings today, not just looking ahead to them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,

We are so pleased to hear you are doing well. We miss you and think of you and Nick often. Mikayla is still practicing regularly but she really misses you. She has changed so much in the past few months, you will be so surprised the next time you see her. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and feed that baby well!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying having the holidays between now and my due date. Like you said, there is so much to look forward to during this season. And each day holds special blessings from God!

PS - Maybe you won't experience this, but I think most women start to anticipate their baby's birth with a sense of desperation during the last few weeks, which I think is God's way of preparing them to embrace motherhood with ALL its joys and challenges!