Well, I really did mean to post last week for Thanksgiving, but somehow the weekend slipped away and already it's Thursday! This year for Thanksgiving, we stayed here in Gaithersburg. Our good friends Joe and Jeanie Lechner came up from Charlotte to be with her family, with whom we celebrated our day of Thanks. This year we have so much to be thankful for!
Most importantly is our salvation...the best gift either of us could ever receive. And beyond that, the Lord has heaped blessing upon blessing in our lives.
We are thankful to be here in Gaithersburg at the Pastor's College- and thankful to all of you who have allowed us to be here by your generosity.
We are thankful for new friends and dear friends from home.
Of course, how can we not also thank the Lord for his kindness in allowing me to get pregnant so quickly last spring and for an easy pregnancy. As Nick and I have walked with friends through the grief of miscarriage and the hardship of infertility, I certainly don't take this pregnancy for granted. Every good gift is from above, and I am thankful in advance for the blessing this little one will be. I'm also thankful that I can say that in full faith now, since I have fought many fears in the last few weeks about the coming changes of having a baby. I think the most helpful thing in dealing with my sin of fear and anxiety has been to dwell on God's promises and character. Hasn't he proved to be faithful in every other area of my life? Will he not also provide abundant grace in the coming season of change to handle each and every new thing that comes my way? The answer, of course, is yes. I am thankful that God has answered my prayers this week in giving me a new excitement for the coming of our baby, as well as peace with an increased reliance on Him for strength. With the Lord as my Savior and loving Father, what cause have I to fear?
Most importantly is our salvation...the best gift either of us could ever receive. And beyond that, the Lord has heaped blessing upon blessing in our lives.
We are thankful to be here in Gaithersburg at the Pastor's College- and thankful to all of you who have allowed us to be here by your generosity.
We are thankful for new friends and dear friends from home.
Of course, how can we not also thank the Lord for his kindness in allowing me to get pregnant so quickly last spring and for an easy pregnancy. As Nick and I have walked with friends through the grief of miscarriage and the hardship of infertility, I certainly don't take this pregnancy for granted. Every good gift is from above, and I am thankful in advance for the blessing this little one will be. I'm also thankful that I can say that in full faith now, since I have fought many fears in the last few weeks about the coming changes of having a baby. I think the most helpful thing in dealing with my sin of fear and anxiety has been to dwell on God's promises and character. Hasn't he proved to be faithful in every other area of my life? Will he not also provide abundant grace in the coming season of change to handle each and every new thing that comes my way? The answer, of course, is yes. I am thankful that God has answered my prayers this week in giving me a new excitement for the coming of our baby, as well as peace with an increased reliance on Him for strength. With the Lord as my Savior and loving Father, what cause have I to fear?

We are also so thankful for a growing marriage...how far the Lord has brought us in just 2 1/2 years! God has worked in our marriage to bring about much sanctification in both of us...something that has not always been easy, but oh so rewarding. Our marriage is stronger now than it ever has been, and we give thanks to God alone for that.
Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving to you all!
Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving to you all!
5 comments:
Good post buddy. I love you!!!
Nick
Good post buddy. I love you!!!
Nick
Praise be to God! And we give thanks for you and Nick. While I was back at the farm for Thanksgiving a saw a note sitting next to the kitchen sink. My mom was so taken with your post on contentment that she "posted" them where she works. I think she intends to buy the book as well.
hey!!! I was soooo grateful you and Nick came over for thanksgiving!! thanks so much for helping me and Jeanie put the Christmas tree up! oh and im liking the pic of you and Nick, it must of been taken at some cool b-day party ;)
You are going to LOVE being a mom!!! As long as you are ready to re-orient the way you go about daily life, priorities, and lay down your life for a wee one....the changes will seem pleasent to your heart because you will find SO much joy in holding, treasuring, and nurturing your sweet baby. The mother-love that God plants in your heart is means of grace, similiar to how the smooey-love between a husband and wife acts as oil on the gears.
Post a Comment