"Let not pride swell my heart...Keep me humble, meek, lowly"
(Valley of Vision, PRIDE)
MEEK- 1. Of gentle and long-suffering disposition. 2. Submissive, compliant. 3. Humble, lowly.
HUMBLE- 1. Having or expressing a sense of selflessness, meekness, modesty, etc. Syn: modest, meek, selfless, unassuming, submissive
LOWLY- 1. Meek, modest, or humble.
"But the meek shall inherit the land
and delight themselves in
abundant peace"
Ps. 37:11
"The meek shall obtain fresh joy in the LORD..."
Isaiah 29:19
"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
Matthew 5:5
"Though the LORD is great, he cares for the humble,
but he keeps his distant from the proud."
Ps. 138:6
"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."
James 4:6
Lord, make me aware of my pride. Help me cling to the cross and learn to lay down my life in humility. How my flesh fights this battle! How often I strive for my own praise and recognition, and how this grieves you! Give me grace to humble myself before you and others. I desire to sit at your feet in humble submission, drinking in your daily grace to me, a sinner.
"Help me to stand with wary eye on the watch-tower of faith, and cling with determined grasp to my humble Lord; If I fall let me hide myself in my Redeemer's righteousness, and when I escape, may I ascribe all deliverance to thy grace." (Valley of Vision)
No comments:
Post a Comment