I decided this week to try to get baby stuff ready, just in case this baby comes earlier than expected. When we get back from Christmas travelling, we'll have 3 weeks until my due-date. So my project for last night was making a bassinet sheet out of an old pillowcase...it turned out great, even though it took a little longer than it would have, had I known what I was doing! :)

Then I set up the Winnie-the-Pooh mobile that Mom gave me, so now all that's needed is a bumper. I have an old sheet that I'll try to make into a bumper with some foam...we'll see. That's this weekend's project. We also managed to clean out one of our closets (which had become a collect-all), so that there is lots of room for baby stuff.
2 comments:
I think its wise to start preparing now - and fun, too! Just keep in mind that if nature is allowed to take its course, the average first time mom goes 1.5 weeks late.
While most first time moms are late, I was a full week early. Paul had to put the carseat in the car and I had to finish packing the bag when my contractions were 3 mins. apart. Be ready early, but plan to be late. Works better that way.
Post a Comment