
This last weekend I headed down to Charlotte for my first baby shower! I left at 6am and got there around 12:30 (I did find that stopping every two hours, like pregnancy books recommend, helped from getting too stiff). One particularly fun thing was that my mom was able to come down from Wheaton. What a fun combination to have friends from Charlotte get to know her and vise versa. So I got there Friday afternoon for a relaxing evening at the Freases house with Mom. Saturday morning was the

shower, and I was completely blown away by how many ladies came! For those of you reading the blog who were at the shower, thank you so much for coming and blessing me in that way! Not only was it a fun time to see all of you and catch up, but I was really impacted by your generosity to help me with the things I need for this baby. Several of the ladies pitched in to get us a very snazzy travel system (stroller/carseat combination), which was the main big thing that we still needed. In fact, I think we'll install the carseat in Nick's car when he drives to Indiana for Christmas (JUST in case!). Two highlights of the shower- a slideshow that Juli Morrison put together with secretly obtained photos of me when I was little and of Nick and me. Mom and Nick, you were both very sneaky! I didn't have a clue about it! The other surprise was a love letter that Nick wrote, which Kristin Freas read out loud. I had no idea that Nick had done that! Of course, I started crying before Kristin even started reading the letter! I guess I have a few more weeks of blaming those pregnancy hormones! :) Nick, thank you for your constant encouragement. As always, you are such a source of joy in my life! I love you!

After the shower, a few ladies stuck around to go out to lunch at Chilis. After lunch, Mom and I did some shopping...note to self, stay away from Concord Mills Outlet Mall before Christmas! We did manage to get a parking spot after following someone to their spot from the door of the mall. We felt a little bit like stalkers. :) We picked out some very cute boy and girl clothes from Babies R Us, which makes me appreciate the reality that this baby really is a little girl or a little boy (well, duh!). Seriously, though, I do feel like I'm anticipating finding out the gender of this baby even more now! I am glad, however, that we haven't found out yet. It's fun not knowing! I stayed in Charlotte until Tuesday morning, enjoying lots of time with friends (and eating out quite a bit...what a treat!) Tuesday morning Jeanie Lechner and I managed to fit all of our stuff (with Alathea in the back seat) in the car. I think if we had had one more thing to take back, it wouldn't have fit. But we made it! All in all, what a wonderful weekend of fellowship both with Mom and with friends from NC. I was glad, though, after 4 nights away from Nick, to come home and be in his arms again. :)
1 comment:
It was so much fun seeing you at the shower! I'll be praying for God's grace for you these next few weeks (maybe days!) and that your precious little one would have a wonderful delivery. Much love!
Christina
Post a Comment