Thursday, January 11, 2007

Nesting Instinct

As my aunt Becky mentioned in her comment from the last post, the "nesting" instinct has definitely been part of the last weeks of pregnancy for me. Let's just say that Nick has loved it! I finally cleaned out the trunk of my car (which hadn't been clean since I started driving it 2 1/2 years ago) and meticulously scrubbed all interior car surfaces with armor-all. Why the car, of all things, I'm not sure. :) And Nick looked at me a little funny when he saw me bleaching the blinds that go in front of our sliding door. For whatever reason the grime started to bother me. Oh, and the doors that go to our laundry closet. Those got bleached too. The walk-in closet that had been my "put everything that doesn't have a place" storage room has now been miraculously organized, as well as our outside storage closet with all of our moving boxes. Hey, I needed room for the jog stroller, so I had some motivation. :) I guess I'll just keep looking for projects until I run out of time or run out of things to do. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always been slightly envious of moms who get an all out nesting intinct like that. Good for you!

The extent of mine is to keep things in a steady state of tidyness because I fear going into labor with a messy house. I'm too exhausted to do anything more.

Anonymous said...

Christopher also loved my "nesting". I got to the point where I was craving the smell of bleach because it meant it was clean! I am glad that you are feeling well and doing great. Keep up the good work mama!
I just wanted to encourage you and let you know that it is such a joy to watch you during your pregnancy. You have never ONCE complained, what a true sign of Gods wonderful grace. Truely Reba you really are such an inspiration! We love you and can't wait till we get to meet little peanut.
Eileen, Christopher and the Twins

Anonymous said...

Dear Rebecca,
I miss you. I hope you are doing fine. Is It cold up there? I miss going to violin lessons. Did you have a good Christmas? My Christmas was fun we went to Disney World for a week. Let me know when the baby is born. Love Mikayla

Anonymous said...

hey reba...your slacking on your blog! I want DAILY updates on you! Don't make me call you everyday asking if you ''feel anything yet''.Love ya!
meghann