Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Prayer for Today

I've recently been reading from "Valley of Vision" again in the mornings, taking one prayer each day. This morning's prayer particularly struck me, so I thought I would share some of it here: From "Christlikeness":

"May my words and works allure others to he highest walks of faith and love!
May loiterers be quickened to greater diligence by my example.
...Cause me to be a mirror of thy grace,
to show others the joy of thyself.
...Let me always esteem others better than myself,
and find in true humility an heirdom to two worlds."

Am I a mirror of God's grace to others? Do I provoke others to grow in diligence, faith, and love? Do I regularly reflect the joy of Christ that others can clearly see? And do I esteem others as better than myself? Sadly, I find myself lacking in these assessments. So this prayer is mine today. I'm so thankful that there is grace to grow!

No comments: