Monday, April 14, 2008
A New Leaf?
Today I tried something that I have never done before....I cut my own hair. After weeks of saying, "I really need to get a haircut," and procrastinating on getting an appointment and babysitter, and debating whether it was worth just spending the $50 to get a nice haircut (my last $12 was awful), I decided I would give it a try myself. Worst case scenario, I could still go and get it fixed at a salon if I totally botched it. I figured since I always go into a salon with an exact picture of what I'm thinking I want and rarely walk out with my hair the way I thought it should be, I might be able to do it myself the way I wanted it. And I've watched closely enough when other people have cut my hair I basically knew (sort of) what to do. So....the end result.....I actually like it! Granted, I am a little paranoid that I am walking around with big zigzags across the back that everyone but me will notice, but from what I can tell using two mirrors, it looks pretty even. So perhaps this is turning over a new leaf (unless I keep getting comments about how bad my haircut is...I'm not too dense to get a clue...hopefully, anyway). One word of advice for those who might be inspired to try this at home: if you are tempted to give yourself a haircut while your toddler is awake, I have a suggestion: don't. I learned this the hard way :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Mark used to cut my hair all the time, but I don't think I have the guts to cut my own hair. You should post a picture! :)
It looked very pretty to me!
Anne Malament:)
Can I see a picture? I'm very impressed!
Boy, you are brave! But not brave enough to post a picture? You ought to try the Aveda Institute. I've been going there for a year and a half. They always do a great job. You get a shampoo, cut, and style for $15! A lot of ladies from CrossWay go there. It's on South Blvd.
You are a brave woman! But SO glad it worked out well! If I could do it, I certainly would - it's definitely worth saving the $!!!!!
OK, so where's the picture?
Love Mom
for once, im speechless, my super-duper brave friend........
Post a Comment