Our "playgroup" took a fieldtrip to Baa Moo Farm, a cute farm with lots of animals about an hour away. This outing led to an interesting outlook on how I handle such little trips. First of all, it probably wasn't wise of me to plan a long morning out on a day that I teach in the afternoon. Secondly, I already know that Kathryn doesn't really like getting close to animals, so I shouldn't have expected a farm to thrill her. And thirdly, I learned that I need to prepare myself on these outings to be armed with extra patience and understanding (and snacks for K!), as I am uniquely tempted to impatience in big outings like these. I'm still glad we went, and every morning since then, Kathryn has "talked" about the animals we saw (partly from my prompting). The one thing that cracks me up is when she's talking about the sheep, she'll say "BAAAA!" and then pretend like she's chewing, since the sheep we saw were eating. I continue to be amazed at the little things one-year-olds notice and can communicate in their own way.


CJ, Avery, Alathea, Savannah, Kathryn, Andrew, Wesley

Looking for an egg in the henhouse

"I'll just look at it from back here, okay?"
2 comments:
Are you teaching viola? I can't imagine mothering a little one (with another on the way!) and teaching, although many of my friends do it. Right now I'm still adjusting to teaching and doing wife-ish stuff. :) It's fun, though.
the twins look SOOOO big next to Alathea! it is hilarious! those pics are great Reba! She is getting so big
Post a Comment